Thread Locking Pellet
Pellet inserted into a drilled hole in a screw thread
Pellet type self-locking threaded fasteners obtain locking action from a permanently embedded engineered plastic pellet compressed into a hole drilled in the threaded region of the fastener, to a depth slightly below the root of the thread. Pellet size and location are standard but can be altered to meet special requirements.
Pellet Locking Action
The locking action, partly produced by friction developed between the pellet and the mating thread, results from the metal to metal thread friction opposite the locking pellet. The pellet acts as a wedge and creates a counter thrust when deformed, while the inherent memory of the pellet strives to regain its original shape, causing positive locking.
- Exceptional vibration resistance
- Eliminates the need for lock washers or locking nuts
- Non-toxic, assembler friendly
- Promotes ease of assembly
- Applicable to various materials
- Compatible with mating parts
- Resistant to lubricants, fuel, hydraulic and fluids.
- Nylon 66 (-56°C to 121°C)
wedgelock wedge lock wedglock wedg lock wedge loc wedge lok wedgloc wedgelok